Monday, April 12, 2010

Oliver + S

For some reason, which I wish I could put my finger on, my house has stayed relatively clean and tidy lately.

Don't get me wrong; it's by no means pristine. But, it's been reasonable. We have clean clothes to wear, the stacks of dishes next to the sink have been taken care of before they reach the ceiling, and the bathroom doesn't have a thin layer of grime coating it's every surface.

When my house is in this type of order, I inevitably get to feeling that I should flex my creative muscles. So, I've been perusing Mastering the Art of French Cooking and thinking about garage-saling for second-hand furniture to fix up for the new house.

Also, I've been absolutely dieing to get out my sewing machine and start making clothes for Remember. Not that she needs any. This little girl has more than her share of lovely things in her closet, thanks to our kind friends and relatives who pass on their hand-me-downs. Nonetheless, I've always wanted to make pretty little outfits for my girl. And it would be so fun to have her "help" me do this.

So today when I reacquainted myself with Oliver + S, I was positively drooling. Remember was sitting on my lap as I browsed their site, and kept squealing "CUTE!" right along with me. This is what I'm talking about...





Aren't these just some of the sweetest things you've ever seen? Who wouldn't want to dress their little girl this way?

If ever I do get around to ordering a pattern and actually making one of these beautiful garments, I'll be sure to share it with you all. :)

3 comments:

mountainculinaire | Renée said...

Hi Jessica,

It's nice to see you posting more lately, and to keep up with what your beautiful family is doing! I've enjoyed reading your posts and just wanted to comment and say hi. I need to start posting on my blog more again, too, as it has been neglected in the wake of other projects lately. Have a happy spring!

Hannah said...

How adorable! Little people clothes are so fun.

Heather C. said...

I love your posts Jessica ... so good to hear more from you! and the pattern site is absolutely precious :) Enjoy your times of having this room for creativity, for believe me, they are less and less as the littles grow and multiply ! I still hold out hope though for completing my attempts to sew with a sweet thought my pastor's wife shared with me. The only way she could do any sewing at all when hers were young,was to do "seam a day" .... I am trying :o
Love you !