Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spring Fever, Real Fevers and Commenting

Today, my husband and I are sick with the flu - not stomach, thank goodness. Just the kind where you ache all over, have a fever, chills, a sore throat and a headache. Not especially fun when you're pregnant and have two kids under the age of three.

But, being ill does have its benefits. I can feel completely guilt-free about ignoring housework today. It takes far less energy to type away at the computer than washing dishes or scrubbing floors do. So - as you can see - I've been having lots of fun with my blog today.

I've been craving color lately. I can't wait for spring to come. I just recently bought a dozen or so seed packets for a salad garden. Not that I know where I'm going to plant them; I just couldn't resist the urge. And I've gotten many new and grandiose plans for decorating our little apartment. Hence, all that energy is just spilling over into my blog.

So what do you think? Honestly. Too loud? Just right? What's your opinion?

Also, I've been curious...who actually drops by this blog? Even if you got here accidentally and don't plan on coming back, I'd love to at least get a "hello" from you. I recently read an interesting and rather funny post over at Molly Piper's blog that I'd encourage you to read also, if you're the type who for some strange reason feels bad about leaving comments on the blogs you visit.

So, with that said, why not just say "hi?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who didn't see this post when it first was published, I have since that time changed my layout again. Although I loved my first layout, I agree with some of the commenters, that it was a little hard on the eyes. And, I'll probably change it again before the day is out (today is Friday), because we're all still sick and I don't have energy for much besides the computer and just keeping my kids fed and clean.

11 comments:

Timothy Lindvall said...

I'm so sorry you got sick Jessica! :( I'm just getting over a bad cold.
I like your new springy look! :) Very pretty!
And I love the photos of Remember's party, she is so cute!
Love you!
Brittany

His Handmaidens said...

The orange background is little much for my eyes. Love the tulips though. I can hardly wait for fresh salads myself. I am aching to get into the dirt, but must content myself with drooling over the gorgeous garden photos in Martha Stewart or Country Living.

I hope you will soon recover.

Caitlin

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,

I defiantely am one of your lurkers. I enjoy reading it. Sorry to hear you are sick, so is Rick. He stayed home from work today. It came on so quick maybe it is the flu or a very bad cold.
Love, Carol

Hartley Family Blog said...

Hey Jessica!!
So sorry to hear you guys got "THE BUG"
I love reading your blog and seeing pictures of you and your adorable kids, keep it up.

Flynn

Anonymous said...

DARLING new blog format, Jess. What fun colors; they induce such great anticipation of Springtime! I love it!!
Sorry about the flu...NO FUN! Take care of youself...drink LOTS of water and juice.

lots of love,
paige

Anonymous said...

One little opinion for ya: perhaps if you changed the font color to black or dark brown, it would make it a bit easier to read. So cute, though!!! Love the tulips; the quintessential Spring flower ~

your sis,
paige

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica!
I enjoy reading your blog. And I LOVE the tulips!
Peggy Sue

Kelly said...

Delurking to say "hi". I'm a friend of Karen Dunham's from San Diego. I occasionally check out her blog links to see what her Montana friends are up to ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess
I love the tulips!! They have to be my favorite flowers besides maybe roses.
Emily

Naomi T. said...

Hi Jess! Sorry to hear that you've been ill... for so long. :-P 2 weeks!! That's awful!

I love the tuplip picture. :-) Very springy. :-)

Bless you.

A Joyful Heart said...

I love your header and background colors, two of my favorite colors!