Hello everyone. It is not typical that I blog quite this much, but I'm still sick. I think I'm getting better little by little but still don't feel well enough to resume life as usual.
As I said in my last post, being ill does have its positives. Along with enjoying the opportunity to be creative with my own blog, I've also had some time to more carefully browse the blogs of others. If you haven't gotten to check out the links I have under Non-Family/Friend Blogs That I Follow in the right-hand column, you really should try to do so in the near future. I have gained a lot of encouragement from these sites and think you would too.
Right now I am reading Girl Talk by Carolyn Mahaney and Nicole Whitacre. The book's subtitle is Mother-Daughter Conversations on Biblical Womanhood. If you are a mother of girls, I would highly recommend this book to you.
And, if you're a woman - particularly a single woman or the mother of a single woman - I would highly recommend you drop over to the Girl Talk blog and read the encouraging posts that they've had there recently. It is so easy to loose Biblical balance when we approach the issues of marriage and singleness. A reminder like these posts on Girl Talk help us walk in truth regarding these matters, and live fully for the Lord whatever position of life he has us in.
May God bless you all with a lovely day!
PS As of right now, there are three posts published on singlehood at the Girl Talk blog. If you have time read them all! The first one was published February 10.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hey Jess,
Thanks for the info! I love Girl Talk (both the book and the website) and have been so blessed by both. Very encouraging stuff!
Love ya,
Paige
Your children are just beautiful! And I LOVE those names!! I actually stumbled by here, and it happens that our blogs have the same name! That's a real treat to find out...especially that you too are a Christian wife and mom to young children, like me. My main blog is Testimony and Truth (.blogspot.com), and Testimony of Grace is a blog about covering. You have a lovely blog and a lovely family. Greetings to you in Jesus' name.
Grace,
M
Hello my dear cousin! How are things? I do drop by your page about once a week to keep up on what is happening with you all. I found a cute little present for you when I was at an estate sale. I will send it when you have the baby so I can also send a cute gift! I also found an adorable vintage sweater set for a newborn (its about 50 years old) if you would like to borrow that until your baby grows out of it. Let me know. Love you all and miss you! Love, Shelly
Post a Comment