It seems like just a short while ago that I was holding him in my arms for the first time, in awe of the blessing and responsibility of motherhood. Now that he has grown from an infant to a young boy, that sense of awe is still strong - perhaps even stronger.
As I see Honour growing older, I am reminded that the window of opportunity I have to invest in training him is precious, for once it's gone it won't return. I'm daily challenged to make my children my first priority, rather than allowing other activities - including the really good ones - to swallow up my time. I pray that my son looks back on his childhood as a time that his heart was turned towards God because of what he experienced in his home.
I realize that no matter how hard I try to be a good mother, I will have many shortcomings. I know that I have made and will make mistakes in the process of training my children. Therefore, I rest in God's grace to complete the good work that he has started in me and in my precious son. What a joy to be able to rest in his promises!
With that said, here are some pictures of our celebration!
Here are a couple pictures of the kids sitting in the wagon Honour got for his birthday. This gift was from Dad, Mom, the grandparents and great-grandparents. As you can see, Remember wasn't too enthused about this photo-shoot. Her little pout is very cute, if I do say so myself.
Dad and Mom Rickel graciously allowed us to use their beautiful back porch and yard for the celebration. God blessed us with perfect weather!
L-R: Roman (24), Mom Mallery, Remington (21) and Mom Rickel (holding Remember)
Remember thought it was funny too!
Regrettably, I didn't get pictures of everyone who came. I especially wish I would have gotten pictures of the grandpas and great-grandparents. One day, I'll have to take pictures of all our extended family and officially introduce them on my blog.
Later, we enjoyed roasting marshmallows as well as funny and edifying conversation around the campfire. We didn't get to bed until almost midnight! What a nice evening.
Hearkening back to the way this post started, I would encourage you all to read an article entitled The Promise at No Greater Joy's website. You'll find it on the lefthand side of the page under "Sept - Oct 2008 Magazine." It was very convicting to me. Let's remember what is truly important.


5 comments:
Happy birthday Honour!
I love the Pearl's newsletter - that was a great article. I just got it in the mail yesterday.
I like your blog...very cute.
Karen
Oh two years old! Where has the time gone? What fun pictures. Looks and sounds like a good time was had by all!
Birthdays are so fun, especially when they are not yours!
Thank you for linking to me; I'm getting a lot of viewers from your site. I linked to you too...
Some friends of ours from Great Falls might come to your church while they are in Glacier this weekend. I hope you get to meet them!
Post a Comment