Monday, April 5, 2010

A future man

Today I asked Honour what kind of job he wanted to have when he became a man. After a bit of thinking he said, "I wanna do mud." At first I thought he meant he wanted to play in the mud, but then remembered that a couple weeks ago he had spent the day with Ransom doing the tape and texture at the new house. And he was saying that that would be his choice of career.

But, he's obviously still somewhat undecided because this evening as Ransom was getting ready for work he said, "Actually, I want a uniform." :)

Obviously, right now what he really wants is to be like his dad. I personally think that's an awesome goal. What better place to start when you're three years old?

"The faith exhibited by wise parents of boys
is the faith of a farmer,
or a sculptor,
or anyone else engaged in the work
of shaping unfolding possibilities."

- From Future Men by Douglas Wilson

3 comments:

Rayia said...

How perfectly wonderful!

Willie'sGurl said...

Such a lovely family and to see a little boy loving his father is great. :) Ransom looks like a good Dad. :)

Anonymous said...

What a man! Watching this guy grow up is gonna be fun.