Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Gingerbread House


Although Christmas is over and we're nearly a week into 2010, I feel obliged to post these pictures because I said I would. Here's our gingerbread house in all it's glory and the two little ragamuffins who helped me decorate it. As well as the floor that needs to be mopped and the garbage can that needs to be emptied.

This is the side that I decorated...the front, of course:


And here's Remember's side...she did have some assistance:


And finally, Honour's side. I think his idea was to just stick as many of the biggest pieces of candy on as he possibly could.


Justice very happily played the part of supervisor, and enjoyed laughing at the camera:


As I alluded to in my last post, this was certainly not a "perfect" experience. By the time the gingerbread house was actually decorated, the counters, the floor, the children and I were all bedecked in frosting. Honour and Remember's fat little faces and hands were sticky from candy, some of which had been stolen. And, you'll probably notice that we only decorated three sides of the house. That's because I didn't have energy for the last side:

As I purposed (multiple times) to resist frustration and just enjoy this experience with the kids, a post I'd stumbled upon a while ago kept coming to mind. If you have just five extra minutes, you really should read it. Find it here.

Happy 2010!

6 comments:

Joanna Grace said...

Your kids are SO cute! They make me smile every time I see them.

Anonymous said...

Jessica ~ you are a precious mommie ... i can "hear" it in your words that express your heart :) Hang in there ... the memories made w/o regret of impatience or anger are so rewarding ! this is coming from someone who had to learn the hard way :o
Much love you ! Heather

Alaina Mathers said...

Oh Jess! What a joy to see your little ones!! I can't believe how much little Justice has grown. It looks like you had a fun time and a very busy fall. I miss you all so much and it saddens me to think your little ones won't remember me by the time I get home :( I'll just have to visit lots this summer to make up for lost time :) Hope you are all enjoying the new year. Love and hugs!
Alaina

paigelizabeth said...

Fun, Jess.

You're such a good mama!

Love you,
Paige

abbey said...

Dearest Jessica, I have enjoyed the opportunity to cruise through your blog. I just returned (away for 8 weeks) from Jessica's for the new baby and got your new photo and card. I enjoy you guys so much and it is a pleasure to know you have a blog to keep up with you guys. Beautiful family... Love ya all bunches, Ms.Grace

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking over your blog
God bless you