After reading a very motivational post over at Biblical Womanhood, I am publicly announcing the morning routine I would like to maintain as a general rule. I say general because I know there will be times when I simply can't make it happen. Like when Remember teethes, or we all catch the flu, or when this new baby arrives and keeps me up all night, every night for a few weeks. :)
But other than these (sometimes not so) unusual situations, I want to make another desperate attempt to bring more order and structure to my mornings. If my morning goes well, often, the rest of the day is conquered as well.
So here it is, my official list of morning goals:
-Rise at 6:00 AM; shower and dress, drink a big glass of water.
-Have personal devotions at 6:30 AM.
-Children rise at 7:00 AM. Help them dress, and prepare breakfast.
-Eat breakfast at 7:30 AM - be sure to take pre-natals and vitamins!
-Have family worship at 8:00 AM.
-Start laundry and breakfast dishes at 8:30 AM.
-Be ready to tackle the tasks of the day by 9:00 AM!
I realize I will not be able to make this happen every day. I'm not even planning on trying on Saturdays. Saturday is my housecleaning day, when I mop floors, clean the bathroom, vacuum, etc. I give myself extra sleeping privileges when I know my work load will be a little bigger.
On Sundays, it's best if I keep to this type of morning schedule, just because it ensures that we make it to church on time, clothed and in our right minds (as my dear friend Holly is fond of saying - I love you Holly!).
Anyhow, there it is. It's Friday night, so I won't officially start until Sunday. I'll keep you all updated regarding my success - or lack thereof.
And by the way, I write this post as a way to keep myself accountable; somehow, if goals are made public, I feel more of a burden to stick to them. That said, I don't want anyone to get the impression that I think this is the morning routine everyone should keep. Praise God, he doesn't tell us at what hour to rise each morning! And he tells us (oh joy!) that he gives his beloved sleep. So please, don't think I'm trying to set up a standard for anyone but myself by making these goals public.
At the same time, if you are also struggling to maintain order in your life and want some accountability for your morning routine, write about it on your blog and leave me a comment with a link to it. I'll check in on you and you check in on me. ;)
And above all, let's do all this to the glory of God!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You've inspired me! I actually have been thinking alot about how my time is spent...I don't want to be a "time-waster!" I so enjoy your posts.
Jamie,
Thanks for your encouraging comment. I enjoy your posts too!
I think your morning routine is great, good luck! I know it's been a few days now, how is it going so far?
A morning routine definitely helps the rest of the day go smooth. The was really encouraging for you to put up. I'll put mine on the Carstensen girls blog for accountability. Missed you on Sunday.
Caitlin
Post a Comment