Wednesday, September 8, 2010

late summer








Today was our first day of school! All-in-all, things went well. Honour is excited and even asked this afternoon when we get to do it again.

After lunch we all went outside to soak in some sunshine and enjoy reading on the big quilt that the children's Great-Grandma Mallery made for Ransom when he was little. I found myself not only snapping pictures of my children, but trying to capture the beauty of my mother's garden that will soon be giving way to the cooler weather. As I wandered around her lovely yard, I found myself dreaming about my own home, and the joy of getting to plant and harvest and preserve from my own garden. Soon, very soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy schooling!

Rayia said...

What a lovely pictures! Thank you for sharing a little peek of your day! And blessings on your schooling...I'd love to hear about it when we come up!

Willie'sGurl said...

:) sounds nice. :) give your little ones a hug for me. your pictures are very lovely. <3