Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I still love blue...

Okay. I'm finally doing a post about our new house, and - Rayia, this is especially for you - I'm sharing some of my decorating ideas!


Here's a picture of our guest room. It's upstairs and the windows are north-facing. Our school room/craft room is on the southern end of the upstairs, and it looks almost identical to this, except that it's bigger. The wall you see on the left-hand side of this picture is one of the bathroom walls.

I've wanted to paint the entire upstairs a very pale blue-green color, with emphasis on the blue. But I didn't know if I should paint the ceiling the same color, or if it should be white.

Well, today I stumbled upon this:

The ceiling - and the trim - are definitely going to be white.

I love this room, but it is in sore need of a little pizazz...how about RED accents??? I'M SO EXCITED!!!

By the way, this was my initial inspiration to paint the schoolroom/craft room blue. It is a little too bright for me, but it gives you an idea of what red accents will feel like. :)

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh that is going to be so cute! I love it! Maybe someday we'll get to come stay with you guys!

Jessica said...

Brittany -

We'd LOVE to have you guys stay with us! This has to be one of my top three reasons for being excited about moving into our new house...a place for out-of-town guests!

Rayia said...

I LOVE it Jess! It's so perfect and so you! I can't wait to see it all come together. You are doing an amzing job! And that shade of blue is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your guests will feel, relaxed, comfortable and at ease in this lovely relaxing room! It kind of reminds me of the calming feel of a lake or beach house. (mmmmm...lovely) Very nice, sissy!! Love you.

Heather C. said...

Delightful Jessica ! Creative home-keepers like you are rare :) Miss you !
Heather