Justice Wayne Mallery
Born Tuesday, May 19, 2009
at 9:39 AM
8 pounds, 4 ounces
20-1/2 inches long
All went well with the labor and delivery, and Justice seems to be a very healthy, happy baby! Thank you all for your prayers. I'll write more later. :)
~~~
And now for the story!
Early Tuesday morning I woke up with contractions that were short, not very close together, yet painful. By 4:30 AM I decided to take a shower, thinking that if this was another false start the shower would relax me enough that I could go back to sleep. But the contractions continued after I'd gotten out of the shower, and I began experiencing that very distinct sensation of low pressure.
I kept myself busy with little household chores until about 7:30 AM. At this point I was fairly certain that I was in real labor. I called my mom and the midwife and people started arriving at the house by about 8:00 AM. When my midwife checked me, I was at 6 centimeters, which was very encouraging.
Honour and Remember went upstairs with my sister Emily and my mom and sisters Paige and Anna began helping with preparations for the birth. Ransom set up the birthing tub and I was very grateful to get into the water as I continued laboring. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law, Raydeemie, arrived as well.
My labor, although certainly painful, was very gentle; the contractions were never closer than ten minutes apart. Because they were staying so far apart I was concerned that they weren't very productive. But they were!
At 9:39 AM, after about an hour of pushing, our little boy was born. I was able to deliver him in the water and he was caught by his daddy. As soon as he was out of the water, he took a breath, immediately turned pink and he and I both cried. What a precious gift from God - I think he delights in overwhelming us.
Our family members took such good care of us yesterday. They helped with clean-up, care of me and the baby and even did some cooking and baking for us. Our dear friends and neighbors the McLeans brought us dinner.
And now, enough with the details, onto pictures!
Father and son, just minutes after the birth
Anna Grace and Raydeemie Grace, both 11-years-old
This was the first birth they attended! When I was 11, I attended my first birth, which was Anna's!
Getting checked out by the midwife
Meeting Grandma Rickel
Meeting Grandpa Rickel
I just love these pictures of Ransom and Mom Mallery!
Rayia, Ransom's sister, came all the way from Moscow, Idaho to meet her new little nephew. Our children affectionately call her "Auntie Sunshine" which describes her perfectly. :)
It was so fun to see Honour and Remember's reactions when they met Justice.
She's now sandwiched between two boys! She's absolutely in love with her little brother.
Honour is such a good big brother. He's very gentle and says often, "I like Justice."
Meeting Great-Grandpa Wayne Schmid - his namesake.
With Grandpapa and Grandmama Mallery
The two following pictures are of the "couples" that we have in the family right now.
Jay and Kacey...she's visiting from California. She helped Emily watch the children yesterday.
Rem and Angie
A few days prior to the birth, I had posted a muffin recipe on my refrigerator, which was sent to me by Rayia, in hopes that when I had the baby, someone would notice it and offer to make it for us. Sure enough, Paige very kindly made us a double batch.
Dutch Apple Cheese Muffins
1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, juice of one lemon (about 2 Tbs. - substitute water if you have no lemon), 2 Tbs. butter
Melt glaze ingredients together over low heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 - 6 minutes. The glaze will darken and bubble a bit and will thicken if you let it cool for a minute or two before using.
Remove muffins from oven and drizzle glaze over them, using a spatula to life up the muffin edges and get the glaze to drizzle down into the sides of the muffins in the tin (this is why you don't use paper muffin cups). Place muffins back into oven for 10 more minutes. Remove and let cool in tin for 10 minutes more before removing.


13 comments:
He's beautiful jess! I've been checking back here waiting for a picture...good job! We'll continue praying for you all.
HURRAY !!!!!! Congratulations and Praise the Lord ! Love you ~Heather and Family
Congrats Jess! He is so cute!! About the same size Kaitlyn was. Glad that everything went well with the delivery :o) God Bless you and your family,
~Becca
Congratulations!!! So happy for you guys. He is amazingly cute and I'm sure you are enjoying him so much!
Yep, it's true...he's beautiful, sweet, wonderful, precious, darling...in a word...PERFECT!
GOD is so good! I'm rejoicing with you over this gift from GOD. May HE be glorified in Justice's life.
love you all -
Paigey,
How wonderful, Jessica! It's sweet of you to tell everyone so soon! It was a blessing to read about how you birthed Justice at home, with all the families nearby. I think I'll have to try that muffin recipe, too:)
Jessica and Ransom.. what a JOY he is to look at. can hardly wait to be able to kiss him! Delighted to hear how merciful the "curse" was. Yes, I rejoice with you in His Goodness!!
also glad to receive the news that you are fine also . I have some feed back for you on what you mailed me. I will call one night this week.I also have been blessed to review you blog site. It's the next best thing for having you close. I do miss you. Our New grandson Micah Thomas was born May 15,2009 6lb 10 oz..2 weeks early. Both he and Beth are healthy and we rejoice in this wonderful gift of another life to our family. 8 Grandchildren and number 9 on the way.I plan to be in NC with all of them in a few weeks. Bless you precious sister and may your mothering days bring a sure reward!
Enjoying God with you,
Lynne
Congratulations! We were very excited to hear about Justice. Hope all is going well with you!
The Hartleys
Congratulations!!!! He is adorable! I am so happy for you guys. Hope I get to meet little Justice soon!
Thanks for updating the blog. I love reading about how you guys are doing.
Say hi to everyone for me!
Congratulations Jessica! He is so cute and I'm sure you're loving having such a tiny one around! Thanks for the update! :)
.:Brittany:.
Congratulations Ransom and Jessica! Though we haven't stayed in touch over the last several years I have managed to keep up on the beautiful little treasures the Lord has given you both to raise and guide. May He give you the grace and wisdom needed for the awesome and immense task set before you. They are all beautiful! What joy must fill your heart Jessica as all your dreams are being fulfilled before your very eyes!
Oh and yes, I am to be an Aunt to number 3 this winter too!
With love,
Alicia P.
I am so happy for you all! :-) What a beautiful little baby! I love his name, too.
Thanks for posting the story and pictures... and the recipe! God bless you all. Hope you're recovering quickly. :-)
Love that little man!
I love your and Ransoms new pic too! Cute!
Post a Comment