Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Well, this Mother's Day has been a little different than those of the past. As many of you know, my dad is in the hospital. Praise the Lord, it's not for anything too serious. He had a gall bladder attack on Saturday and although it was painful, it is under control. He's been in the hospital since Saturday morning and the latest is that they will remove the gall bladder on Tuesday.

As in all times past, Mom has been at Dad's side throughout this hospital stay. I am continually amazed by how well she has handled everything that has come her way within the past year. Her cheerfulness, selflessness, organization and trust in God's sovereignty are inspiring to see, especially now that I am married.
To celebrate Mother's Day we took a picnic to the hospital and enjoyed one anothers company outside in a small garden. Unfortunately, Ransom was working, so he's not in any of the following pictures. But, we did have a very nice time, discussing the beauty and joys of Christian womanhood, watching the little ones play, laughing and enjoying a picnic complete with fried chicken, potato salad and strawberry shortcake.

Honour brought me a dandelion....

...and he brought Grandma one too!


Remember would not be left out. She has become a master imitator or her big brother.


Honour has grown up so much this year. His vocabulary seems to expand daily. His favorite phrase right now is, "I have no clue."

It's been so fun having a girl! "Pretty" is her favorite adjective.

Uncle Jay is Honour's buddy.


And here's Baby Mallery! People have teased me that I would have this little one on Mother's Day, since Honour and Remember were both born on holidays. But since it's now almost 10:30 PM and I'm not having any contractions, I don't think this will be another holiday baby. Guess I have to wait until Memorial Day now...but I'd rather not!


Here's my lovely and littlest sister Katie. She just turned nine, and for her birthday I made her this skirt. Isn't it cute? It was very simple and I plan to make one for Remember, only attach a jumper bodice to it...I don't think she'd keep a skirt on very well at her age. :)

I'm so grateful for my family. God is good.


4 comments:

Hartley Family Blog said...

Hello Jessica,

It's good to see you you back on your blog. Honour's favorite comment is so cute! I hope you had a good Mother's Day, and it is exciting that you will be a "mommy" again very soon!

We praying for your Dad and I hope all goes well with the surgery. Also, the people in our church are still praying for him daily. Love you guys!

Lauren

Heather C. said...

My dear MT friend...
you have been continually on my mind ! Please don't feel like you need to continue this blog with your life getting ready to "overflow" with your new little one. Although I anticipate hearing about the Mallery/Rickel adventures, I hope you will not feel the pressure to continue ! Your tummy is adorable in pink :) I will keep you in my prayers !
Your far away NC friend,
Heather

Peggy Sue Miller said...

Great post Jessica! Thanks for the pics. Especially the one of baby Mallery :) ! We're praying for your upcoming delivery.

Rayia said...

Lovely post Jess!!!
I love, love, the skirt! So darling!!! What fabrics did you use? One of them looks like "farmers market" by Sandi Henderson.
Love you, and hope to see you soon!